Frequently Asked Questions


When do I get my tax receipt?
Tax receipts are issued via email once a year in the January of the following tax year. Please ensure that your contact information is up-to-date and email Cecily Genner at with any changes.


In whose name is the tax receipt issued?
All tax receipts will be issued to the “Main Payer” on the child’s account. If you do not designate one, we will do so based on your payment history. This is in accordance with recommended accounting practice in this field.


What are my payment options?
Pre-authorized payments are required for regular monthly fees. Please contact the office if alternate arrangements are required.

**Please note: Due to the PAD system, cheques are required for deposits and break fees.


What is your Termination Policy?
Jericho Kids’ Club is committed to providing a caring and supportive environment for all children and families. However, termination of services may be required if:

  • Fees for service are not paid according to the financial policies in the parent agreement and suitable arrangements cannot be agreed upon.
A family member harasses, threatens abuse or commits a violent act towards staff, children or other families involved in the program.
  • The centre is unable to satisfactorily resolve problems of late pick-up with the family
  • The child’s behaviour is severely disruptive or physically threatening to the well being and safety of themselves, other children, and/or staff and we are unable to access additional supports to accommodate the child.


How and when can I put my child on the waitlist?
We accept waitlist registrations up to one year previous to the child’s anticipated start date. To put your child’s name on the waitlist, you must contact the office and drop off or mail a $35.00 waitlist fee (per child) as well as submit your child’s information in person, by phone or email.


How old do I have to be to volunteer?
Volunteers must be a minimum age of 15 years. Individuals who have previously attended Jericho Kids’ Club may be accepted as volunteers from age 14. Youth volunteers must be at least 3 years older than the group of children they will be assigned to work with.


What is a member and what is a non-member?

  • Registration for the school year is effective from September through June of each year. As part of the registration process families are required to pay the Annual Membership Fee. Registered members are entitled to vote at the JKC Annual General Meeting.
  • Members whose child/children are still currently registered are eligible to register for additional programs during early bird registration periods at reduced rates where applicable. This may include winter, spring and summer break programs.
  • Members who do not have a current regular registration but have paid the Annual Membership Fee are required to pay general fees for winter, spring and summer programs and are not eligible to register during early bird periods.



  • Non- members are families who register their children only for break programs or individual drop-in days.


How and when can I cancel my registration?
Registration cancellations and requests to decrease care are required to submit a written notice on or before the last calendar day of the month prior to the child’s final month of enrollment. For example, if you would like to decrease or terminate child care effective May 1st, notice of this change or termination must be received on or before March 31st. If the change is to be effective mid-month (i.e.: May 15th), notice is still required on or before the last calendar day of the month prior to the child’s final full month of enrollment (i.e.: notice by March 31st for April as the last month of enrollment). If the required notice is not given, the monthly fee must be paid in lieu of notice.


Can I split a registration space between my two children?
We are unable to permit shared spaces for children as this option can cause many inconsistencies in our program. You can, however, register your children for separate part-time spaces.


My child does not attend any of your schools. What services can assist me in getting my child to JKC if I am unable to do so on my own?
We recommend trying Kids’ Coach (604-437-5437 if you are unable to make arrangements with a school bus, a relative or a friend.


During the summer, what should I pack with my child?
Please pack a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle on a daily basis. We serve lunch and snacks but if your child tends to get hungry or has a food allergy, we highly recommend packing extra food. An extra change of clothing can also be beneficial. Otherwise, the weekly schedule will alert parents to pack any specialty items such as swimming or outdoor apparel.